3.20.2011

What is the point...

...of serving someone if it is not for the glory of the Lord? This has been a common theme my thoughts since quitting my job back in September. I have a heart that loves to serve. It may not always be in a way that people take notice of or appreciate, but the desire to serve and give of myself is what sparks passion in my heart.

How do I reconcile the passion to serve with a shy or introverted personality? I challenge that aspect of my personality. I take action that makes me step outside my box where I am comfortable. I focus on the fact that the need of the people is greater than anything I might feel.

But is that where it ends? If so, there is a huge disconnect. Where is the Lord in all of it? Am I simply challenging my flesh or am I allowing the Lord to show me that He is my strength and the One who calls me out of who I think I am? Do I rely on my own ability to take action steps or do I know that the Lord will present specific opportunities each and every day to step out in FAITH? Do I just see a physical need or do I see a spiritual need that only the Lord can fill?

These are things I must keep in mind as the path of service is laid before me.

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 323-24

No comments: