3.19.2011

30 Day Song Challenge:Day One:Favorite Song

Honestly, I'm not sure if I have a favorite song. There are so many I like and that remind me of different times in life that it seems odd to pick a "favorite" out of them all...like picking a memory that I like best of all! I digress.

This song is one that I remember from a very poignant time in my life. It was a time of great growth, deep friendships, and learning what it meant to really and truly love the Lord. The memories that flood in when I hear this song: brokenness (in a good way), challenge, seeing friends step forward in faith, intimacy, THANKFULNESS.

Not only are there the memories, there is ultimately the message of the song. When I was nothing the Lord redeemed my soul. I didn't just have nothing, I had a deficit. But He can do all things. He saved me from death.

Thank you Lord for giving your Son for me. I had nothing and you had everything.
Thank you Jesus for sacrificing your life for me. You were sinless but you paid my debt.

1 comment:

SarahB said...

Love it. Love you.